Monday, July 9, 2018

She's Ten!

Again, ugh!  Lucky I even got this posted.  The prep for Piper's birthday is the start to the craziest time of year and it seems to go all the way through the beginning of summer.  So here I am a couple months late but at least I'm getting it done.

Our little miss Piper May is ten years old.  What a girl she is.  Here's what she was like last year. And this is what she's like this year.
  • This girl of ours is always keeping us on our toes. She has so much spirit it almost takes over our whole house.  Sometimes it can be exhausting but most of the time it is such a blessing.
  • Piper continues to be a good student at school.  Doing homework is always a point of contention in the house but she does well in everything even if she doesn't love the work.  She leans towards writing and the creative side of things and says she hates math even though she does fine with it.  Her teacher this year had only good things to say about her.
  • Piper is still very social and prefers a lot of interaction with friends and activities.  But she also likes her downtime and needs it daily or else there's usually a meltdown that follows.
  • Emotions run strong through this girl.  She usually feels them in extremes whether they're good or bad.  Needless to say, she's still pretty sensitive but also very comfortable with who she is.  
  • I can tell she's a little more timid with new situations and peers than she's ever been before.  I can see her confidence waver at times.  It makes me sad but I know she'll figure it all out.  In all actuality, I will probably struggle with it the most.  Being a mom to a girl is tough business.
  • As with Rhett, I really love seeing Piper's personality grow.  She's funny and free spirited and a little selfish but kind.
  • Piper is so messy with her space.  She still has trouble getting rid of anything so she keeps all sorts of junk around.  We're constantly having to question her on why she is keeping this or that and challenging her to ask herself whether she really needs that cheap toy that just sits on her dresser.
  • She's not very modest at all.  She loves dancing around naked when she's getting ready for bed at night.  Rhett's always yelling at her to put clothes on.
  • She continues to enjoy sewing and doing creative things.  She's also enjoying cheer.  She does it with a program that's just enough competitive that she feels like she's accomplishing something but not too demanding.  One thing's for certain, neither of my kids got the Sacry competitive gene.  Oh well.  
  • Maybe I've mentioned it before, but Piper is the yin to my yang.  Her personality is a lot more like Russ than me which means the two of us seem to work together pretty well.  I love the time we get to spend together just the two of us.  She's a great partner in crime.
I love this girl of ours fiercely.  

No comments: