My youngest is a nine year old. Where oh where does the time go? Here's a look at what she was doing as an eight year old. Here's what she's doing now.
- Piper is one opinionated girl. She knows what she wants when she wants. I really love this quality about her (and let's face it she probably gets it from me) but it's also very trying as you might expect.
- And speaking of opinionated, she continues to be one of the pickiest eaters I've ever met. I would like to say she's getting better as she gets older but that's not the case. Unfortunately.
- Piper continues to be very social and loves hanging out with friends. She's always asking to go to friends' houses and having sleepovers. It continues to take me out of my comfort zone trying to coordinate but I'm thankful for all the great friends she has.
- On the flip side, she also needs her alone time. She seems to self regulate pretty well. When she's done playing she's done. Like I said, she knows what she wants.
- She has as style like no other. Even though she likes me to pick out her clothes she will veto anything that is not approved "Piper Style". (I'm getting pretty good and knowing what she likes though.) She doesn't generally look very put together but she definitely has a look. Russ and I like to think of it as sort of a hippie of the 2010's. Side note: this style does not include combing hair.
- Piper has a hard time making decisions. I think this comes from the fact that she is slightly spoiled and thinks if she doesn't decide on something she'll get the best of both worlds. I'm the youngest child too. I understand this logic. This is one reason why she makes me pick out her clothes (laziness is probably another reason) and a reason why we are going to start working on her picking out her own clothes. Baby steps.
- Piper will tell you she's a sensitive girl. And she is with a flare for the dramatic. Russ, particularly, struggles with this especially since he didn't really grow up around girls and simply doesn't understand all these emotions. Rhett on the other hand is getting a full dose of it early on so he'll be an expert by the time he's an adult.
- Piper has been enjoying learning how to sew this year. We took a class together this past school year. I really love to sew and I'm happy that she is interested in learning too. She completely knows her way around a sewing machine and I think that's a great skill to have.
- She is still an avid Barbie and American Girl doll player. I imagine this phase won't last much longer but while it does I don't think our house will ever look picked up.
- Piper continues to be a great student in school. Like her brother, she's not overly motivated to go above and beyond but her teachers always seem to love her and we're told she is an ideal kid to have in the classroom.
This girl completes our family and we are so glad she's ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment