- Rhett is still (obviously) smart as a whip. He's doing great in school and the best part? He's taken full responsibility for all of his school work/activities. We pretty much just let him do his thing knowing that he'll keep us in the loop when necessary. We never have to bug him about homework or anything. It's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
- Rhett continues to have his core group of funny, smart, kind friends that I am forever grateful he's found. There's nothing like friends you can count on.
- His sporting desire has seemed to pick up a bit this year. He's continuing with Lacrosse which is cool to watch and he's going to do track this spring which should be interesting. I'm glad he's trying new things and maintaining some level of activity.
- He's growing (taller than me but not quite to Russ yet), sleeping like a teenager (until noon when possible) and his appetite is increasing every day. Most days he has dinner with us then comes back to the kitchen an hour later in hopes of a second dinner. And he's continuing to be less picky with food and trying new things and most nights eats what I make for me and Russ instead of the simpler things I have to make for Piper.
- He's becoming very independent and usually just wants to hang out in his room most of the time. We make him get out of the house to get some fresh air in his lungs more than he'd like. It sort of reminds me of his uncle Scott when we were growing up.
- In his new found teenage ways, he often seems annoyed with things we say (and what his sister says for sure). It's interesting to see this from the other side of the equation knowing that I was annoyed a lot at his age too.
- On the other hand though, he really is pretty laid back and doesn't get too worked up about much. He doesn't ask for much and takes a "no" with very little push back. I know that's just his personality but sometimes I think he does it to prove a point to Piper that you don't have to be so difficult all the time.
- Rhett's starting to care a little more about his hygiene and appearance which we are thankful for. For a while there we weren't sure if he would ever take a shower without us making him.
- In other news, he went to his first co-ed party at a girls house. That might have something to do with the hygiene mentioned above.
We love this kid and can't wait to see what another year brings!
1 comment:
I love reading all about Rhett. So many things sound like my house with my teenagers! :)
Post a Comment