- Rhett's in his first year of middle school and seems to be thriving. He loves the act of switching classes and getting the variety. He also seemed to hit the jackpot with teachers. He has 7 out of 9 male teachers which he really loves. Other than a PE teacher in elementary school, he's never had a male teacher. It's been a nice change for him.
- He's taking three honors classes which I thought might be a little much for him but he is doing so well. He's responsible and knows what needs to be done and when he needs to do it. I was worried that my controlling tendencies hindered his progress when it came to doing things for himself but alas, he persevered!
- Rhett is still a huge reader. He's in honors reading which has been great because his teacher has a whole library in his classroom. He's reading all sorts of different books. He seems to like historical fiction the best with a side of sci-fi.
- He's enjoying a little more independence. He gets home before I do so he gets some alone time where his sister's not bugging him and I'm not bugging him. I'm pretty sure he thinks its glorious.
- Rhett's a funny kid. He has a really good, subtle sense of humor. I love seeing this side of him develop. I think a sense of humor is one of the best traits in a person. I did marry Russ after all.
- Rhett's still a little on the sensitive side. He can get worked up about certain things pretty easily. But at the same time, he's really laid back. He just sort of goes along with what we have going on and often gives in to his sister's demanding ways.
- Boy's a gamer. He loves video games. I don't think that's ever going to change.
- Although my family is full of picky eaters, Rhett is really starting to grow out of it a bit. He still doesn't like a whole lot of different things but he is almost always willing to try. It's a nice change.
- He still is and I think will always be a big animal lover. He's a little bit of a cat whisperer in our house.
- Yes, he still wants me to scratch his back at bedtime.
Happy Birthday Rhett! You bring such a great dynamic to our family. We couldn't be more proud of the person you are becoming.
1 comment:
Awww, loved reading this and getting to know your boy better. Happy birthday! So much fun ahead for you!
Post a Comment