Monday, April 20, 2015

Seven is Heaven

Another year down and my little girl isn't so little anymore.  I really don't know how it happened.  What a delightful thing this girl of ours is.  Last year she looked a little something like this.

Here's what she's all about right now.

  • This girl of ours continues to have confidence bursting at the seams.  I'll compliment her on something and her response is almost always, "I know".  I laugh because I do the same thing to Russ and get the exact same response.  Funny how that works.  
  • I've mentioned before how she has her own sense of style.  Let me tell you, it's not going away.  She knows what she likes and she rocks it.  She can make the craziest outfit look right.  When she was younger I would stress about it thinking she needed to look more put together but I realized this is one of my favorite things about her.  I guess it goes along with the confidence thing.  She doesn't question herself especially for someone else's benefit.  I am so proud of her for having this mindset.  
  • At the end of last school year we found out her hearing wasn't great and ended up having to get tubes put in.  Since then we have seen a huge change in her school work.  Last year she struggled with spelling and this year it comes so easily.  Needless to say, this school year has been great.  She's a good student and really enjoys all her classmates.  She's as social as ever and has a really good group of friends.
  • She continues to have a nasty sweet tooth.  Ironically, she still wants to be a dentist when she grows up.  All I can say is thank God she still has mostly baby teeth.
  • Piper loves her music.  Russ and I love our music too so it's not really that surprising.  Lately, she's really appreciating her iPod and headphones.  She walks around with her iPod in her back pocket, headphones on, wailing away.  Definitely seven going on seventeen.
  • She's still in dance and really seems to enjoy it.  She also loves fashion and art.  Sports not so much.  She gave soccer a try but it really wasn't her thing.  
  • When Piper plays she completely overtakes a room.  Most days, like today actually, our living room is covered with toys.  And not just randomly thrown around but in piles that may look chaotic at first glance but really has precise order.  She knows if you've moved something around or god forbid tried to pick it up.  We can't fault her for it though because she plays so well.
  • She can be so exhausting with her opinions and strong will but mostly she is a joy to us in so many ways.  She makes us laugh on a constant basis.  Boy are we glad for the life she brings to our family.  

No comments: