Friday, January 10, 2014

Connect

My word, it's been awhile.  I just don't know what my problem is with getting posts up on this blog.  Well it's a new year so here I am.

With the new year comes resolutions and all that.  I'm not a major resolution person but I usually think about things I want to improve on to generally make my life better.  Sometimes I'll make lists because, well let's face it, I love making lists.  But lately, I've seen more and more people who are coming up with a word instead of a resolution to focus on for the year.  I hear there's books about it and everything.  Well, I don't know anything about the books but I do think it's a great idea so I'm going to get a word for the year.

A lot of different words popped into my head but the one that has stuck is "connect".  One thing I'm really not great at is staying connected to the important people in my life.  I've found that if I'm not around someone on a regular basis I have a really hard time maintaining the relationship.  One thing that's hard for me is that I hate talking on the phone.  For whatever reason, I get major anxiety when I think about calling someone.  Once I'm on the phone I'm fine but to actually take the step to call someone is another thing.  I'm not sure I'm going to overcome that hurdle necessarily this year but I'm going to try to stay better connected whether it's with texts, emails, blog posts and yes, maybe the occasional phone call.

So on that note, I'm going to try to post something here at least once a month.  That doesn't seem like a lot but beings that I haven't posted since Piper's birthday back in April that's not a bad goal.  I love reading other people's blogs so I figure there's got to be a few people who enjoy hearing about what's going on in my little world.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love reading your blog! So glad you'll be posting more!