Saturday, April 20, 2013

Miss Moo Moo is Five

My little girl is five.  I'm pretty sure it's official.  I no longer have any toddlers and I am definitely far from having any babies in the house.  I have kids.  Plain and simple.  Even though having a baby is a TON of work and exhausting and I am so glad I'm not changing diapers and chasing one around, I'm a little sad to be out of this stage.  But I couldn't be more happy with Piper at this very moment.  She is such a joy to me in so many ways.  Boy are we lucky to have her in our lives. 

So here's to Piper and all her ways.  (Here's her four year old list if you're interested.)
  • Piper, like her brother, is a social butterfly.  She makes friends with any kid who looks her way.  She's always on the prowl and can't wait to get to know a new person.  Although, she's fairly shy and reserved when it comes to new adults. 
  • To add to that, she has a little posse of friends (herself and three other girls) in her preschool class that I'm fairly sure she leads around.  Or at the very least is right in the middle of.  She's always talking about "Claire did this...Olivia said that...Gabriella likes this".  If either kid has any problem with clicks it's going to be her.  I'm going to have to watch her in her Jr High/High school years.
  • My word can this girl talk.  We can pick her up from school and she won't stop talking the whole ride home.  Sometimes Russ and I try to chime in to engage in her conversation and she'll keep right on talking over us.  This definitely came from the Jenkins side.  
  • She is a lover in the first degree.  She kisses me and Russ whenever she has the opportunity.  She'd kiss Rhett too if he'd let her.  Whatever is at lip level she goes for.  It's pretty normal for her to give a random kiss on the arm or hand.  Again, I'm going to have to watch her in her Jr High/High school years.  
  • Piper has this weird vocabulary that Russ and I just don't have the heart to correct.  It's so her and I know we'll miss it when she figures out she's saying things wrong.  Some examples: combrella (umbrella), cupcapes (cupcakes), chandaboo (chandelier), hot heals (high heals - this one is my favorite), boops (boobs - sometimes she'll say this for bra too), twake up (wake up - she often adds a "t" before a "w") and don't forget that she still says "her" when she should be saying "she".   
  • Last year I said she was a master bed delayer.  Well she still is but she's upped her game and is just generally a master manipulator.  She can talk her way into getting almost anything she wants.  And when you contradict her she throws back a "that's what I was about to say".   
  • Piper has some facial expressions that crack us up on a daily basis. From the big, wide eyes talking about something exciting while getting in your face to the nonchalant, teenagerish look when stating the obvious.  This girl.
  • She's a girls girl.  She loves her momma, Nana, Kaylee and tons of other women in her life.  She's really drawn to teenage girls and will hang out with them as long as she can get away with it.
  • As I said last year, she's a sugar monger.  Because of that she's had eight cavities filled this year.  We're working on the sugar intake.  The only saving grace with this is she's a fantastic dental patient.  In fact, she loves going to see Ginelle (Dr. Roberts) so much that she says she wants to be a dentist when she grows up. 
  • She only wants to wear dresses or skirts.  I can get her to pants but its usually just leggings under a dress.  Forget about getting her into jeans.  I can't tell you how many barely touched jeans I've had to give away.  You'd think I'd learn.
  • She is still the best self player I've ever seen.  She's a sing player.  More often than not she'll sing her words when she plays.  And I mean sing.  Loudly. 
Happy Birthday to our sweet, sassy, loving Piper May!

1 comment:

Terra said...

I love reading about your kids. She is still a sweetheart that added a little sass! :) Love it! Happy Birthday Piper.