Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Miss

Today my little girl is four.  It goes without saying...time flies.  But at the same time I can hardly remember what she was like a couple years ago.  I feel like I've been enjoying her crazy "big girl" antics forever.  She brings so much life to our house.  I can't imagine not having her around.  

Keeping with my new tradition, here is Piper's four year old list.  (If you're interested in her list from last year check it out here.)

  • Like me as a little girl, Piper loves stuffed animals.  She has so many on her bed right now.  I'm going to have to come up with a stuffed animal management plan.
  • She's still in dance and absolutely loves it.  Not once has she said she doesn't want to go.  I'll keep taking her as long as she wants to keep going.
  • She started half day preschool this year and has completely thrived.  Unlike her brother, she loves going to school and doing "homework". She has been able to write her name for a while now.  It's pretty impressive.  
  • She uses the word "her" when she should be using "she".  We've tried to correct her but her doesn't want to say it the correct way.
  • Piper loves office supplies and can wield a pair of scissors like no other.  She cuts anything she can get her hands on.
  • Piper is a sugar monger.  She eats candy whenever she can manage.  She also loves pop.  Especially mom's Diet Coke.  (Way to go on the bad influences huh?)  She also loves salt.  She puts salt on anything just because she likes the act of shaking it on her food.
  • She is still a master bed going delayer.  She tries hard to put off bedtime with her many routines.
  • She's discovered the joy of movies.  Her two favorites are Tangled and Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer.  Judy Moody especially which was a little bit of a surprise.
  • Russ and I have many nicknames for her.  We call her Pipes, Miss, Clam (usually when we drop her off at school because she's as happy as one), I usually call her Booga or Sugar.
  • She is such a good player.  She will play and sing in her room by herself for an hour easily. 
  • She is sweet yet oh so sassy.  She can talk with her hands on her hip, boss her brother around, and cluck her tongue with the best of them. 
  • She loves to cook with me.  She gets up on the counter like I use to when I was her age.  She likes pouring and stirring the ingredients.  She's even getting the hang of cracking an egg.
  • She was so proud to be turning 4 today.  The first thing she said when she woke up was, "What age am I today?".  She wanted to make sure she could say she was four.  She told everyone she saw.
What a Joy she is!

4 comments:

Terra said...

She was a melt your heart baby and it sounds like she is a melt your heart four year old! What a sweetie. Wish we could actually spend time together... We might be driving through the area in July so maybe then...

Tiff said...

I know. I wish we could too. Keep me posted on if you drive through. I would LOVE to see you.

Brenda Heller said...

Piper is one of the sweetest little girls I have ever had the privilege of babysitting She's very polite and gets along with everyone She has become quite the little lady I really enjoy our snuggle time in the mornings Love you, Piper!

The Ranch Family said...

I especially love how you adore her. I think kids rise to that adoration and become even more adorable. happy birthday piper!