Thursday, June 9, 2011

Eyes

In the spirit of posting more often, I stole this post idea from one of my favorite cousins in the whole world.  She posted a picture of all her children's eyes showing their differences and similarities.  She has a bunch of blue eyes in her family.  (Oh, and half a brown one.)  Check it out here

I thought this was a great idea.  I love predicting, analyzing and figuring out who has who's eyes.  My kids are pretty interesting because, similar to their personalities, they have opposite eyes.  One dark and one light.  (And not to mention my boy has an olive complexion like an Italian and my girl is whiter than white.  Maybe from her Norwegian heritage.)   


Here's Rhett.  Look at those brown eyes.  I just love them.  One reason I like them so much is that he has lighter colored hair.  (His hair has gotten a little darker as he's getting older.  It use to be super blond.)  Brown eyes and light hair is a combination you don't see every day.  He has both his grandmothers to thank for these beautiful eyes.  They definitely don't come from either of his parents.


Now here's our little Missy.  Blue as blue can be.  These she gets from her dad.  Her hair is probably a little more blond than Rhett so she has the typical blond hair blue eyes combo.  When she was born I was sure I was  going to get a girl with dark brown hair like me and blue eyes.  She had so much dark hair and instead of falling out and coming back in blond it grew like crazy and gradually turned blond.  I will admit I was a little disappointed.  I mean, at least one of my kids could share a feature with me.  But no...no brown hair and no hazel eyes.  I'm not sure my kids even look like me.  *sigh*

I was going to show you a picture of me and Russ' eyes to compare but after we took the pictures I realized that wasn't a great idea.  Our eyes look like they belong on a 90 year old.  Ugh.  We look tired, have sun spots on our skin and my eyes are bloodshot.  Nice.  You'll thank me for not posting them.     

No comments: