Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Piper is Three!

Today my little girl is 3 years old.  Of course time flies.  She is such a sweetheart.  Although as I'm writing that I'm smiling to myself because I know Russ would not describe her as a sweetheart.  She is full of spunk, smart as a whip, and knows how to get her way.  But to me she is my little sweetheart. 

It's so easy to compare your second child to your first because they can be so different.  I find myself doing it all the time.  Rhett and Piper are like exact opposites most of the time.  I could name all sort of ways they are different but instead I'll just give you a glimpse into what Piper is all about these days.

  • She is quick to give you a hug and say "I love you".
  • She is also quick to get her feelings hurt and will cry like she's never cried before.  She is somewhat of a drama queen.
  • Her favorite color right now is purple. 
  • She's an accessorizer.  She loves sunglasses, purses, head bands and shoes and keeps her toenails regularly painted.  And her mom's and dad's if she can get away with it.
  • She decided to potty train herself a couple weeks ago and has never looked back.  Thanks to her I can say she was potty trained at two instead of three.
  • She's really into Barbie's right now.  She enjoys taking the clothes off and on even if it's still a little tricky for her.
  • She loves her dance classes.  She is such a good student.  She listens intently and follows instructions.  And she smiles the whole time.
  • She looks up to Rhett for everything but manages to push his buttons all the time.  Usually on purpose.  She's a stinker like that.
  • She's starting to be a really good traveler.  She can keep herself pretty occupied by playing make believe with her toys.
  • She is a master at bed time delay tactics.
  • She loves her cousins and does her best to keep up with them. 
  • She loves "spicy" drinks.  She would drink pop all day long if she could.  And candy for that matter.  She has an awful sweet tooth.
  • She is sometimes partial to Russ and sometimes partial to me but at night I'm always the one she calls for.  I like that.

3 comments:

beth said...

She's such a cutie! What a blessing!

Jen Piwtpitt said...

I love the list! It describes our daughter to a T as well...it's like they're related, haha!!

I thought my kids were the only ones who called soda "spicy"!

Very sweet tribute!

Deb said...

One of my very favorite nieces! Even more special because I was able to witness her entry into the world. Happy Birthday Pipes!