___________________________________________________________________
I've said this a few times already but I just can't believe Rhett is six years old today. For whatever reason, six seems so much older than five. Maybe it has to do with the fact that he is official out of toddler clothes. I have to go to the boys section now. I have a boy, not a baby. Okay, so I've haven't had a baby boy for awhile but you get my point.
Right now Rhett is at such a fun age. Because he's not so little anymore, he goes with the flow so much easier than he use to. He's also had a year and a half now of school under his belt so we are no longer in that transition stage. What a relief that is. (I won't mention that we are getting ready to start Piper in all that.) *sigh*
Here are a few things about Rhett right now.
- He loves everything Lego. He especially loves Star Wars Lego. Russ and Rhett spend a lot of Saturday afternoons building a different Lego.
- He seems unfazed by Kindergarten. He is a really smart kid but doesn't really like to apply himself all that much. (Who does that sound like?) He loves the social aspect of school though.
- He has really gotten into video games this year. I put it off as long as I could but the pull was just too great. Again, he loves the Lego games.
- He is starting to "play" with Piper a little more now that she's getting older but still thinks of her as a pest most of the time. Although, he can be really sweet to her when he wants to.
- He is still a daddy's boy through and through but is getting use to being with me more since Russ has been traveling to Boston a lot this past year. And I love that only I can scratch his back right at night.
- He has become a true Kansas Cityian? (what are we called anyway?). He loves the Chiefs and the Royals much to Russ' dismay. He has also chosen Missouri as his college of choice.
- He loves going on "vacations" and staying in hotels. He is also a great traveler and loves to fly.
- If you ask him right now he'll say he wants to be a soldier when he grows up. He's actually been saying that for quite a while now.
- He loves animals and has started to let Oscar into his room at night to cuddle. Him and Oscar have a special bond.
- He loves his cousins. He's started spending the night with his cousin Greyson and loves every minute of it.
1 comment:
I love this post too! Much to our dismay, Gabe has chosen KU as his school of choice. If only we lived closer to Harvard!
Post a Comment