Monday, October 5, 2009

Northerners



Russ and I went to Michigan this weekend for a wedding. We had a great time. The kids stayed home with family so we got to enjoy some time alone. We drove. It was a long drive for a weekend but we both enjoy road trips. Russ especially. I can get a little bored but generally I like it. The wedding was perfect despite it being cold and rainy the whole weekend. It was an outdoor wedding but the rain stopped and the sun came out for the wedding. We don't get to see Russ's friends from Michigan too often so it was good to spend some time with them. Russ really has the greatest friends. When we were in Michigan we both confirmed something we know but always takes me by surprise to find out how strong it is. Russ and I are truly northerners. We are both in our element when we are up north somewhere. For me, it's sorta hard to explain. I don't particularly like the cold weather but I love the seasons. I also love dressing in cold weather rather than warm weather. Weird I know. Like I said it just feels like I'm in my element. Another thing I like about the north is the attitude. Whether I'm in the west, middle or east part of the north I tend to like the attitude of everyone. The general attitude you get is different in Montana compared to Michigan compared to New York but it's all north. I don't really know how else to explain it. It's really a wonder we don't live in the north somewhere. I think we probably will eventually but I guess for now the Midwest is comfortable.



2 comments:

Karyn said...

if you sqint just right -- Denver is NORTH!

Sandy said...

You should put this picture on the side of your blog with the kids so everyone can see it when they look at your blog! It is so good...
Mom