Friday, March 20, 2009

Phil the Pheasant

Rhett really loves animals. He always has. His latest thing is he wants to hunt AND rescue animals when he gets older. I don't think he understands the contradiction in those two activities. Anyway...one day when we went out to Russ' parent's house he learned the lesson of death. In a chair on their porch was a dead cardinal that had hit the window. He was fascinated by it. Later on that day in the garage he found a stuffed pheasant mounted on a plaque that G-pa (Russ' dad) has had for years. Can you imagine that they've never found a place for it in their house? Well once Rhett saw it he decided we should have it in our house. I reluctantly agreed to it as long as it went in Rhett's room and no where else. So yesterday the pheasant was named Phil and hung above Rhett's bed. May I add that this is exactly where Rhett wanted it in his room. I tried to put it in a spot that wasn't so obvious to someone looking down the hall or even at least centered but no, this is where it ended up. Rhett was so proud. So proud he even let me take a picture of him with it.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Welcome to Phil the Pheasant. :0)

Karen and Nathan

Anonymous said...

OMG. I laughed so hard at this post doug came running from the other room to see why I was laughing. Rhett will be so happy you captured this memory in the blog when he works full time for PETA some day.

TreeBed said...

perfect!!!