Monday, January 26, 2009

Nine Months...

Well, our little Missy is nine months old. Time flies. I just had her 9 month check-up today and she is trucking right along. She is 50% in height, 10% in weight and finally on the scale with 10% in head circumference. Piper got her first two bottom teeth between Christmas and New Year's. That was a fun week. This past month she also started waking up in the middle of the night again. I asked the doctor about it and walked right into a lecture. When she wakes up at night I usually nurse her and she goes back to sleep. She seems truly hungry but my doctor told me that she shouldn't need food in the middle of the night at her age and nursing to get her to sleep is a big no no. Well, I know this. Nursing is a comfort blanket for both of us. I'm going to stop using it that way. I'll let you know how that goes. It's just hard because she doesn't take a pacifier or suck her thumb. She's not a very good self soother. But she is a cutie!




I caught her playing when she should have been napping.


3 comments:

Lesley said...

Hey there. I just love hearing about how you all are...! Good luck with the waking up in the middle of the night thing! xx

Terra said...

She is so cute. It would be really hard to not nurse her to sleep. How is Rhett doing with the potty training stuff?
I love and miss you guys!

Tiff said...

Rhett is successfully potty trained. It really only took a couple weeks once he was ready. Love and miss you too!